Sunday, April 06, 2008

Joey Is Two! – The Projects

After what felt like a long year, Joey is finally TWO!!!

I had fun putting her party together, and the main reason was because there were some interesting projects I had to do for the party.

The first project was to make Mickey Mouse ears hairbands!

Well, the theme of Joey's party was Minnie Mouse, and so naturally, the best accessory to wear would be the signature Mickey Mouse ears (Minnie Mouse also has the same ears lah!). Now, although many of my friends refused to wear my beautiful creations, I still managed to psycho, bluff, force & coerce many of them to wear them at least for the photographs. Haha..

Not too bad lah huh? I thought they all looked quite cute wor... =D

The 2nd project was quite interesting. We wanted to let our guests leave with something meaningful, and so we thought of taking photographs of the guests and printing them on the spot, so that they can leave the party with a photo with Joey. Of course, not everyone managed to take a photo with Joey, and for that, we sincerely apologise. =P

And so, we made cards with Joey's handprints so that the photos may be pasted on the opposite side of the card.

A closer look...

Well, I must say it's not at all smooth-sailing making these handprints with Joey. She has this weird hobby of washing her hands and after every handprint, she declares, '洗手!" and she scrambles off to the bathroom to wash her hands before coming back to do a 2nd handprint. Sigh, I got so tired after about 20 handprints that I gave up. =P

Her expression so funny hor.. "Why is my palm green????!!!"

Project #3 is the name & flower motif that I wanted to put up on my wall. And so, with coloured papers and corrugated paper, I cut out the words and pasted some flowers. Compared to professional standards, this is nothing, but not too bad for a first attempt lah!! Haha.. anyway, I had fun and great satisfaction seeing my vision appearing before my eyes as I put them together.

Project #4 is the simplest of all. I wanted to put up Joey's photos on one of the walls, and so I blew up some of her photos and clipped them on a fishing line.

The rest of the decor were easy to put up... Just stick & go!

Last of all, we put together a Mickey Mouse goody bag for every kid who came for the party. Joey had fun giving out the goody bags to them. =D

More on the party coming up!

No comments :

Post a Comment