Friday, June 06, 2008

Let’s Imagine! Barney Show

Finally brought Joey to the long-awaited Barney show yesterday!

Photos courtesy of Papa Isaiah's camera

Joey at home in the morning, all dressed up for the show in the afternoon. I took afternoon half day leave, so we got to go to the office nursery first.

The Barney show ticket!

The moment we stepped out of the lift on Level 6 of the Suntec Convention Hall, she already went ga-ga over the Barney banner!

All ready to enter the hall!

Comfortably seated while waiting for the show to start!

Mummy & Baby... doesn't it look like Joey was the one who took the photo?? Haha...

Joey showing you her ticket.. heee...

"It's starting!!!"

Some screenshots of the show...

The show was not that fantastic in my opinon.. cos there were not much action.. just dancing and singing on the stage by the same few people throughout. And it's really quite expensive for such a short programme! 30 mins of show, then 20 mins interval, then another 30 mins of show and that's it!

Joey enjoyed perhaps 50% of the show. When Barney and friends sang songs she heard before, she would sing along and clap, but when they were singing songs that she was not familiar with, she would tell me, "Mummy, I don't want Barney already... let's go!" and she would go grab her bag and want to drag me out of my seat. Really faintz!! I kept telling her the tickets are very expensive (haha!) but she really heck-care what I said.

I didn't relent and go out, and managed to coax her into staying for the whole show (to make my money worth!!!). I looked around and saw that many of the kids were 'about to sleep', or look disinterested. Haha.. but there were also a group of kids (maybe older ones) who stood throughout the show at stagefront dancing along with Barney and friends. So, I guess older kids enjoyed the show better than the younger ones. The distance from the stage probably also played a part.

In any case, it was quite an experience for me bringing Joey to her 1st Barney show. It was tiring, but also a very mother-experience for me. I even saw a mother who brought 4 kids to the show singlehandedly... pei fu pei fu..

I don't think I will let Joey know when Barney comes next year... =P

No comments :

Post a Comment