Sunday, June 29, 2008

What A Scare!

I had a real scare when I woke up this morning. Joey was waking me up with her usual, 'Mummy! 起来!" At first I didn't see carefully, but when I did, I was shocked to find blood across half her face, running along the middle portion of her face where her nose is!! It was dry blood and there was also a patch of the blood on the mattress she was sleeping on! Gosh.. quickly woke up Isaiah to see..

It was obvious the blood came from her nose, but I was more concerned whether it was a nosebleed, or because she 'dug' her nose too hard and caused it to bleed. If it's a nosebleed, it's certainly very unusual cos kids don't get nosebleeds!! So many thoughts went through my mind at that time.. but seeing that she looked fine, we decided to wait and see.

After some examination, it appeared that it should be because she stuck her finger into her nose in the middle of the night and caused it to bleed.. There were mucus inside her nose and dried blood... ekkks...

Since my daughter had such a 'traumatic' night, I brought her out for breakfast to compensate her! Haha..

Purposely took a close-up on her face. Can you see some remnants of the blood near her nose? While we were having breakfast, she went to touch her nose again, cos maybe it was irritating her, and the blood clot inside dislodged and it started bleeding lightly again. Sigh..

Thank God that she was okay the rest of the day. No more bleeding, cos I watched her closely and made sure she didn't dig or scratch anymore!

No comments :

Post a Comment