Monday, January 12, 2009

“I Don’t Want To Go To School!”

I've wondered to myself about this question before. What if one day, Joey comes to me and tells me she doesn't want to go to school? Can I handle that?

It definitely came faster than I thought. I had thought it might come when she's in Primary school or something.

For 2 or 3 mornings, she has been telling us, 'I don't want to go to school...'

Sigh. Tough choice.

It was already not easy leaving her in a school, and it's not making things easier when she expressly says so herself.

Though she usually just eases into the school routine after a while, in the mornings, she always looked reluctant to go to school. And alot of prep talk like her friends her waiting for her, and there's the playground in school and nice food got to be said in the mornings.

This morning, Isaiah sent her to school by himself and his heart was broken when he had no choice but to leave her for work and she was screaming and crying like crazy. Monday blues. Poor daddy was so traumatised. Well, mostly, it was me who handled such things last time.

So I nervously called the school around breakfast time and teacher told me she had stopped crying 5 mins after Isaiah left and was already happily eating her 2nd helping of breakfast cereals. Phew.. Thank God for that.

But I think she will chant her "I-dont-want-to-go-to-school" tomorrow morning again. We'll see.

No comments :

Post a Comment