Saturday, April 11, 2009

Change of Plans

As the great book says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:9), many plans got to change after my gynae visit this morning at Dr Fong’s.

I had initially planned to go for my C-section operation on Wed, 27 May 09, for several reasons. Firstly, it’s a Wednesday, so Isaiah will get to claim his paternal leave from Wed-Fri, and then the weekend to rest as well. It’s also a few days before Jayne’s EDD which is supposed to be on 3 June 09. It’s of course after my much-anticipated car boot sale as well, so I could do something fun just before I go and have my baby.

Lo & behold, when we told Dr Fong our plans this morning, he said that all C-sections got to be done two weeks before the EDD because incase the labor comes on earlier than my plan, my C-section will become an emergency one, which will cost a lot more. Furthermore, if I go into labor in the middle of the night, Dr Fong said he’ll be very sleepy during the surgery. And of course we won’t want that. =P

This effectively brings us to the week of 20 May, about one week earlier than my original plan. And because his usual operation timing is Thursday evening around 5plus, I must go for my C-section on Thursday, 21 May at 5plus. My original plan was to admit into the hospital early in the morning so that I have the whole day to rest at the hospital after the surgery. Seems like it’s not going to be possible now. Dr Fong says it’s extra cost if I want to request for a specific date & time for the surgery.

Oh gosh, that means Baby Jayne is arriving in 6 weeks’ time!

And suddenly, we realised we got to step up on our preparations – We haven’t bought the milk bottles, pacifiers, ingredients for my confinement, etc. I got to seriously get down to arranging for the handover of my work to my colleagues covering me as well. Not much time left!

Thank God my blood pressure & pulse rate are normal this time round, so no sign of thyroids. Thank you Jesus! I also put on 1+ kg from the last visit, so it’s good. Baby Jayne weighs about 1.9kg now, so she’s considered a small baby because going by normal rate, she should be about 2kg by now. In any case, she’s kicking a lot in my tummy, so she should be healthy & strong. I’m in my 32nd week of pregnancy now, and still haven’t managed to take a decent 3D scan of Baby Jayne because she was always facing downwards! Sigh!

* * * * *

After the gynae visit, Isaiah & I went to have a nice breakfast together. This is the 2nd time we dined there, and I like the place because it’s got a very homely feel, and the food is good. We’ve bought their chocolate fudge many times before, because they taste really great!

DSC03967

All their seats are along the counter, so you watch them prepare your food in front of you (like a kid waiting for mama to prepare the food in the kitchen). Hahaha..

DSC03969

DSC03972

Check out our good food. :)

Orange juice & coffee

DSC03973

Chicken burger & fries

DSC03975

Omelet with ham

DSC03976

DSC03970

If you’re interested to visit this nice ‘kitchen’ feel cafe, here’s where it is

DSC03971

3 comments :

  1. wow... 6 weeks!!! thats fast!!! =)

    means can get to see baby jayne sooonnnn!!! woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!! that's real soon... but how abt ur car boot sale? When was it suppose to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I mentioned in my blog that I will miss the carboot sale lor..... it's supposed to be the weekend after I give birth...

    ReplyDelete