Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Joke

Night feed is no joke. It’s been so long since I last had to wake up at night to feed a baby. And to wake up every few hours was…… torturous.

I fell asleep around 1230am. Woke up at 230am to Jayne’s cries. Breastfed her for 30mins, then made her a bottle of milk to supplement as it was not enough to satisfy her. She finally fell asleep again around 3plus. 4.30am, she woke up again. Same routine, breastfed her, made her another bottle of milk. She fell back asleep close to 5.45am. At 6.45am, she woke up again! Same routine of feeding. This time round after one round of breastfeeding, she drank one bottle of 30ml of milk, then wanted to be breastfed again! Man, it was tiring.

Thank God Isaiah is still on leave, so he would wake up with me and help me with baby. I think I need some getting-used to this. Waking up every few hours is no joke at all.

My MIL just bathed Jayne and  now she’s soundly asleep. I’m going to eat my Macdonald’s hotcakes and get some  sleep later. yawwwnnnn….

3 comments :

  1. 母亲是伟大的.

    jia you klesssssssss, jus think abt all the mother's day presents u r going to get abt 16 yrs from now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya.... 母亲是伟大的.... u are one amazing mum! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, 16 years later, all she cares about will be her boyfriend. :) I have no illusions...

    ReplyDelete