Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Sisters

Now that Baby Jayne is older and no longer a baby who needs my constant attention all the time, things have started to become easier lately. Just last weekend, we brought the girls to attend a friend’s son’s birthday party at Costa Sands Chalet, and we could let the girls go swimming by themselves while we watch from the side. =) Joey is a good big sister – She’d look after Baby Jayne and hold her hands so that she won’t fall. Such an awesome thing to have an elder sister, I say!

IMG_4908

The girls were, as usual, super excited to go swimming! They couldn’t wait to jump in!

IMG_4910

IMG_4913

I love the holiday atmosphere at the chalets. The lovely smell of BBQ in the air, and happy laughter everywhere. =) So relaxing! It’s been YEARS since I last went to a chalet. =P

IMG_4917

The girls didn’t have their floats with them, so they stayed near to the steps. The pool was very shallow though, so Joey could have gone playing, but she accompanied her sister instead. Now, that to me, is going the extra mile.

IMG_4920

IMG_4922

IMG_4930

I’m thinking of starting Joey on swimming lessons soon, since she loves swimming so much. Plus, it’s always a useful survival skill to pick up. Seeing how much she smiles, I know she’s really happy to be in the pool.

IMG_4934

The girls made friends with a family who was trying desperately to get their twin baby boys to swim! The two boys kept crying the moment their feet touched the water, it was so cute!!! =D Baby Jayne tried talking to twin #1, but it only made him cry out more. =P The family had tons of patience. They persuaded, coaxed, encouraged, motivated. But the twins would not budge.

IMG_4944

So awesome to have sisters as companion in whatever you do. It makes everything so much more fun! Just read an article today that a survey has shown that families with two daughters are the happiest family model. However, the survey findings mentioned that having two daughters meant the noise level would be minimal because girls love to whisper to each other, would play quietly together and yet would not hesitate to share about their lives with their parents. I’m not so sure about the noise level and play-quietly part for my kids. =P But I sure agree on the happiness part. =D

IMG_4947

IMG_4949

LOVE this photo of them! Methinks I’ve got two very adorable girls who smile with their eyes!!! =)

IMG_4955