Sponsored Review
Quite frankly, when the PR company representing Mattel approached me to do a product review on their latest product – Hot Wheels Wall Tracks, I thought they didn’t know I have two girls, and not two boys. Then it took me all of 3 seconds to remember that my girls love cars as well. Just like any boys. So i guess cars is not a boy thing. Boys can like barbie dolls too, can’t they?? =D
When the box came, it sure looked interesting. Wall tracks??? Something new, isn’t it? And since it’s going to be on the walls, it’s going to keep my floor area clear, and that means no fear of tripping over toys scattered all over the floor. Sounds like a great idea to me.
Truth be told, I mustered up much courage before I dared to open up that box. Assembly is not my forte, and it felt daunting that I had to set up the tracks! Just look at what I poured out from the box:
Thankfully, when I started on it with the instructions provided, I realised it was PIECE OF CAKE. If it’s a piece of cake for an assembly-idiot like me, you can be sure everyone of you can do it. LOL!
This is the large piece of instruction manual that comes in the box. I was still wondering why it has to be this big, until I realised it’s a template that will guide me in setting up the tracks. =)
Stuck it onto the wall with scotch-tape..
3M tapes are provided along with the set, and they are the famous wall adhesives that allow you to remove with just a pull, and no marks will be left on the walls. Stuck the tapes on to the brackets of the tracks according to instructions.
Every bracket is labelled A – F respectively, and just follow the template, and stick the brackets in the right positions. Easy peasy.
Then, I just needed to assemble the tracks together (really simple ones!) and start hanging them onto the brackets! This is the final product!
The best part is that once you get the hang of how the different parts of tracks are assembled together, you can form your own structures as well. =) Change the formation and change the way your hot wheels will go!
See this switch here? Just turn up the other way, and you can change the car’s route. Within one structure, you can also make changes. Awesome!
It is also easy to play. My girl can set off the car on her own and see how it zooms all the way down. So fun, she did it over and over and over again. =D Glad to see that she likes it!
Great to find a toy that can entertain the kids and inspire their creativity to change the track structures. =)
Now, here’s a video clip to show you how ours work!