Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sentosa Flowers 2012: Part 1

Brought my girls to Sentosa Flowers 2012 media preview, at the kind invitation of Sentosa, and we enjoyed ourselves!

IMG_7054

It’s definitely not Sentosa’s 1st year organising the Sentosa Flowers event, but my first time attending it. I don’t have a special love for flowers, but I must say I was very impressed. The flowers were so colourful and beautiful! And with chirpy Chinese New Year music playing everywhere we went, it definitely set me right into the Chinese New Year mood!

The main highlight of the day was to witness the unveiling of the Dragon sand sculpture. And there was an interesting dragon dance to kick start the whole ceremony! =D So Chinese New Year, I love it!!!

IMG_7069

IMG_7073

IMG_7065

The dragon sand sculpture that symbolised the Year of the Dragon!

IMG_7084

Very intricate details!

IMG_7085

My girls were intrigued by the dragon dance troupe. =) Even though they were a little intimidated by the loud music initially, they eventually warmed up to the very friendly troupe members. =)

IMG_7090IMG_7091

IMG_7097

Then it was time for us to tour the flower exhibition! I’m going to bombard you with tons and tons of beautiful flower pics! =D

IMG_7053

Such pretty roses! Awwww…

IMG_7060

IMG_7033

IMG_7037IMG_7038

In the middle of everything, there stood a cherry blossom plant! It’s my first time seeing cherry blossoms!

IMG_7147IMG_7106

IMG_7114

IMG_7116IMG_7127

IMG_7129

IMG_7137

IMG_7140

IMG_7142IMG_7143

One of the gardeners who was busy setting up this corner of the garden gave my girls a flower each! =) And that made them very happy!

IMG_7131IMG_7134

IMG_7136

Seriously, how to feel down when you see such beautiful and colourful flowers everywhere you go? =D

IMG_7176IMG_7150

Of course, I would take the opportunities to tell the kids what flowers we saw (except those I don’t know of course. Haha!) When we passed by the tea flowers section of the exhibition, they were amused that the chrysanthemum tea they always drink came from the flowers! =D Good object lesson!

IMG_7113

IMG_7151IMG_7165

Whole dragon formation made out of fresh flowers. =)

IMG_7167IMG_7171

There are even dinosaurs made out of flowers & leaves!

IMG_7174

I think Sentosa Flowers 2012 is a really interesting event to go for. Especially during this CNY season, go check it out with your loved ones! Remember, the Sentosa Flowers 2012 lasts only for a limited 8 days from 22 Jan to 29 Jan 2012!