Parents with young kids are constantly on the lookout for dining options that are kids-friendly. It’s survival instinct basically – If we want to be able to digest our food properly (achievable by not having to shout, scream or threaten anyone), we need to dine at a place that’s entertaining for the kids as well. It’s unreasonable to expect kids to sit still on a chair for 30 minutes without stirring up any mischief.
And so, since I was craving for Indian food (read: naan) on Sunday, we brought the kids to Zaffron Kitchen. This is a restaurant that serves modern Indian food. This is not the first time I’m blogging about this restaurant, but it’s my kids’ first time there. And the reason why I brought my kids there is because there’s a playhouse in the restaurant, and free popcorn for everyone!
Check out the interior – Modern & contemporary! Definitely not your usual Indian restaurant.
Their specialty dishes include Masala, naan, bryani and all kinds of curries of course. =)
This is the play area for kids. It’s not big, but enough to entertain the kids for a while before the dishes arrive.
I ordered what I think is their signature drink – Lime with plum. Very refreshing! And the popcorn was really a nice dessert after a lovely meal. We have several servings, and they even gave us a cup to take away. =P Good service!
Zaffron Kitchen does not have a kids’ menu, but rest assured that many of their dishes are kids-friendly. I ordered a roti prata with mushrooms for my girls. You can also order murtabak, burgers with fries etc. Though most Indian dishes are spicy, they have several selections that are non-spicy as well.
My hubby ordered the Dome Chicken Bryani. The bryani was hidden under a sheet of naan-lookalike.
I order Butter Chicken, which was very mildly spicy and very appetising. I absolutely loved it!!!
And of course, we had to order their naans. I love the garlic naan, while Hubby nommed on the plain naans. They went so well with our curries! Among us, we were served three different kinds of curries, so I liked every one of them.
I didn’t know I like Indian food so much! Haha!
Zaffron Kitchen is located at 135/137 East Coast Road, opposite the road from Katong Mall.