There is something very endearing about my little baby, and there are so many things I love about her. I’m randomly sharing 10 of them with you!
1. Baby Jayne calls me during the day and rattle off one long string of instructions (“Mummy, I want to eat papaya, watermelon, mashed potato and chicken.”), then promptly says, ‘Bye bye Mummy!’ and down she put the phone.
2. When I ask her, ‘How are you?’, she answers, ‘Three years old.’
When I ask her ‘How old are you?’, she answers, ‘Fine, thank you.’
3. At bedtime, she would lie quietly on the bed, then suddenly turn to me and asks, ‘Mummy, am I wearing pampers?’ When I said yes, she would go silent and then announced, ‘I just shhh shhhh.’
4. Instead of telling me what she wants, she sings it. To the tune of ‘Rain Rain Go Away’, she would sing “I want to play IPAD, I want to play IPAD….” as she circles around me in the most irritating manner.
5. Baby Jayne adores her sister so much that she repeats everything her sister says, complete with actions, expressions and intonation. It’s no longer cute after 5 minutes of hearing the same thing twice.
6. After every bath, she runs away from me the moment she’s wiped dry, jumps around my bed (naked) and chants, ‘You cannot catch me… You cannot catch me..’ and refused to come to me despite numerous warnings. *roll eyes*
7. Baby Jayne remembers names very well. She not only remembers the names of the cell group kids, she also remembers Joey’s schoolmates’ names, and even my friends’ names! There was once I was on my Facebook page, and she pointed out Auntie Joey, Gan-Ma, Uncle Tristan, Auntie Kris etc etc. Small size but elephant memory.
8. She loves to eat sweets. At any time and any point, just offer her sweets and she’ll listen to every word you say.
9. She’s an expert at Matching Games. On the IPAD, she would play the 12-card memory game, and match everything correctly in no time at all. Even better than Mummy, me thinks!
10. Baby Jayne throws tantrum only when she’s hungry, but not when she’s sleepy. If she’s very tired, she would even fall asleep while chewing vegetables, which was what happened during a dinner once.
* * * * *
Every child is unique. And I am convinced that mine is uniquely adorable. =D