Saturday, March 03, 2012

Weekend Snapshot: CosFest 2012

I’m always amazed by the passion the cosplayers have for this hobby, and the amount of time, effort & money they are willing to put in. Even for a non-Cosplayer like me, it’s always interesting to watch Cosplayers all decked out in their favourite character from Jap comics and trying their best to emulate the character.

I happened to catch the CosFest 2012 that took place at Downtown East last weekend. I was very excited, and quickly whipped out my camera. Unlike me though, my girls were less excited to see all the weird characters walking around (Most of them looked very evil I must say!). They were mostly staring in amazement at different ones, probably wondering how come such a person could exist. Here & there, they would mutter to me, ‘Mummy, I’m scared…’ LOL.

I was too shy to ask them to pose for me, even though I do know that most of them LOVE being asked to pose for photographs because it goes to show they were successful in their dress-up. The next time I have such a chance again, I’ll definitely be bolder! So for now, please make do with photographs I took on the sneak. =P

IMG_8300

IMG_8301

IMG_8302

IMG_8303

IMG_8304

IMG_8305

IMG_8306

IMG_8307

IMG_8308

IMG_8309

IMG_8310

IMG_8311