It is almost unbelievable that I’ve gone through 2190 days as a mum. What an incredible journey this has been indeed.
Joey takes after me in more ways than one. We are both the eldest in the family, so we have this inborn ‘bossy’ personality in us. We love to meddle into the business of our sibling, and dish out advice to them even when they don’t want to listen to it. We feel responsible for the family, and is often the one who would give instructions on where to go and what to do. We talk loudly often, and appear to know everything under the sun, but we would never take roller-coaster rides or sour stuffs.
I still remember vividly how I broke the news of my pregnancy to my hubby, who guessed it before I did. Joey was a good and obedient foetus and my pregnancy was smooth and easy. My first hurdle came when I was in the delivery ward for more than 15 hours and still only 2cm dilated. With a burst water bag and impending fever, I was wheeled into the operating theatre for an emergency C-sec and Baby Joey was born. I saw her only on the second day, but remembered clearly that the first thought that came to my mind: “How could she be this beautiful?” Not cliche. That was really my first thought.

I mean, I went through my pregnancy knowing she will be beautiful and awesome, but the first sight way surpassed my imagination. The hospital nurses put a woven hat on her little head, and she looked so snug and blissful. Papa Isaiah said he even teared when he saw her for the first time right after the C-sec. I thought that was cliche, until I met her myself.

I did this video montage years back when she was barely 6 weeks old, with the intention of showing it to Joey on her 21st birthday. Some of you might remember this video, but nevertheless here it is. =)
Happy Birthday, Baby Joey! Mummy loves you so much. Thank you for making me a mum, and a better person. Thank you for brightening up my life in so many ways and bringing me more joy than you can even imagine. Have a happy 6th birthday. =)