Product Review
I've been a contact lens wearer for close to 20 years and am totally in love with wearing it. It's ironic because as a teenager, I remembered I used to despise contact lens wearers because at that time, wearing spectacles was the coolest thing ever. When my cousin told me as-a-matter-of-factly that I would eventually switch to contact lens when I'm older, I didn't believe her.
The first time I put on contact lens was on my Secondary School Prom Night. I wanted to put on full makeup for the night with fake lashes and all, and wearing spectacles would spoil the look I wanted. It was no turning back from then on, both the makeup and the contact lens.
Of course, the most important thing for any contact lens wearer has got to be the hygiene issue. To ensure the best comfort for my eyes, especially for a user like me who wears my contact lens for more than 12 hours a day, I need to make sure that my lens are cleaned properly and effectively at the end of the day. Thanks to omy and Abbott Medical Optics (AMO), I had a chance to review their latest product - RevitaLens OcuTec Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution. This product is supposedly suitable for heavy users (Like me!) of soft lenses (Like me!), and requires lesser rubbing time (for busy mums like me!).
So, how good is the RevitaLens OcuTec Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution?
It is proven to be highly effective against broad spectrum ocular pathogens in the environment with 99.99% efficacy and hard-to-eliminate Acanthamoeba crysts & Fursarium. It also greatly reduces singing sensations during lens insertion, fewer complications including eye redness during contact lens wear and offers excellent wearing comfort over time. I've tried the solution for a few days, and it has been comfortable so far. You can trust the words of someone who's been wearing contact lens that long! (That's me!)
Just cos' I'm nice, I'm going to share some tips for healthy lens wearing before I end:
* * * * * *
Let's all be healthy contact lens wearers! =D
* I received a sample bottle of evitaLens OcuTec Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution for purpose of this review. All comments and opinions are my own.