Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Girls Love Surprises (Don't We??)

Some time last week, I happened to pass by Popular Bookstore, and decided to get some books for my girls. Spent close to an hour in the store deciding what to get for them, and I left the store with something for both of them. When I reached home, I thought it would be fun to give them a surprise. All girls love surprises, don't we? Especially when we least expect them. :)

And I love to spring surprises on my girls because the big smiles on their faces and the elation and over-exaggerated excitement make everything feel worthwhile. Kids have their way of showing their joy and excitement unreservedly.

So I searched around the house for some ribbons and 'wrapped' up the gifts and wrote their names, and placed the gifts on their beds. My mum-in-law had brought Baby Jayne downstairs to fetch Joey home from the school bus, and they would discover their surprises when they reach home! =D

You should have seen their expressions when they saw the presents! Haha.. Kids are so easily satisfied - They must have said, "Thank you Mummy!" over 50 times!

And you know why surprises are wonderful? Because they jump out of the normal routine and imprint memories in our heart that last longer than usual stuffs happening in our lives. I want my girls to remember me as a mum who's fun and creative, and not just one who nags at them and always disciplining them. Some psycho-tactics at work here. Pretty effective if I may say so myself, cos' the girls kept talking about it for the next few days. =P

You can be sure that'd be one advice I'll give my girls' boyfriends next time.