Monday, September 03, 2012

Ice Playground By The Beach

On Sentosa's 40th birthday, we went to Palawan Beach and experienced Asia's first ice playground. When I first got the invitation, I was trying to imagine ice slides on the sand, but it really felt quite bizarre. As it was going to be outdoors, wouldn't it mean that the ice playground would only exist for a few hours before it's all melted under the sun?

When we reached Palawan Beach, the ice playground was not ready yet, so the girls went to play at the bouncing castles. I think it was the first time I saw a bouncing castle on sand, and I thought it's rather nice, especially when the kids can jump and play with the lovely sea as the backdrop. :)

Trapped the colourful alphabets inside ice blocks. So cooling to walk past it.

There was also an ice train and the girls took photo with Captain Palawan. The whole train's made of ice, so got to make sure the kids don't slip and fall when they climbed onto it.

Love the colourful floats that the kids can sit on to go down the ice slides! The ice slides come in 2 lengths - 5 metres & 8 metres.

We queued up for the 8-metre slide! Might as well right??!

Joey had a go first, and it might have been a good thing that the slide was not very slippery. This girl of mine has guts of a mouse. =P

Jayne didn't dare to slide down at first, but after some coaxing, she took the slide while holding on to Papa Isaiah's hand all the time. Haha.

I guess it might be a little terrifying while seated at the top of the slide? Anyway, she went down the slide once successfully. =D

Apart from the ice slide, there were other fringe activities for the kids as well in conjunction with Sentosa's 40th birthday celebration, and I will cover them tomorrow. Baby Jayne got asked a question by the deejay, who was hosting the event, and won for herself a pair of wacky glasses, even though she didn't answer the question posed to her. =P

Quite pair of nerdy specs! Hee!

I have to say, even though ice playground sounds like a really bizarre idea in swelteringly hot Sentosa, it definitely helped to cool us down on a very hot morning. Plus, it was so much fun to hang around on Sentosa on its 40th Birthday, as there were many events and programmes happening on the island. More about that tomorrow! :)