With tears welling up in my eyes and lips that couldn't stop trembling, I ran to my girl and pulled her into my tight embrace. I wanted so much to tell her how mightily proud I am of her, for having accomplished something so great in her life. But I couldn't utter a word. I was too choked by my emotions and even as I pulled her back and attempted to take a closer look at my not-so-little girl, I realised I couldn't, because the tears had blurred my vision. I half-gagged, and pulled her yet into another tight embrace. We both wished the moment would never end.
Yeah. Like real.
I may be quite the drama queen, but not to that extent. It was Joey's Kindergarten graduation concert last Thursday, and while I am truly proud of my little girl, the situation was a lot less dramatic. Apart from those parts where I saw Joey, the rest of the concert was... ahem, less-than-entertaining. Actually, it was downright boring.
But I was truly very heartened to see that Joey was enjoying herself so much at the concert. She was excited to see us, kept waving at us, and I saw how she interacted with her friends and danced at the concert. It all made me feel really proud of her. That was a major contrast with last year where she refused to participate in the graduation concert, and I didn't know what came into me - I actually signed on the parent consent form for her to opt out of it. This year, I told myself that I would make her face her fears in the face. Turned out, she enjoyed the whole experience tremendously. One more fear conquered.
Sent Joey to her school early in the morning for the final rehearsal and rest of us had to wait outside for the doors to open.
It was a long wait with lots and lots of kiasu parents like ourselves crowding at the front doors. Everyone wanted to get a seat at the front rows to get good photos!
Cute balloon decorations in the hall! Angels and graduates made out of balloons. :)
Finally, we spotted Joey!!! Oh, my little graduate in her gown! SO ADORABLE!
Can you see her purple eye shadow?? It's for her performance later on. :)
While the graduates were waiting in line for the time to march into the hall, everyone was busy taking photos with them. :)
All the graduates were so cute - All excited for the ceremony to start!
I really like the way they let the graduates march-in. Feels like a mini Hogwarts' ceremony! LOL!
And Joey received her graduation certificate on stage! =D
After a prayer of blessing for all the graduates, the kids changed into their performance costumes and put up a concert for all the parents and friends. :)
All excited to watch Jie Jie Joey perform! =D
Joey did such a great job! She remembered every single step! =D She's the one on the extreme right in the video. :)
So proud of my Joey for making it through two years of really tedious kindergarten life (Weekly English & Chinese spellings!).
Another milestone conquered. Moving on to PRIMARY ONE next year! =D