Monday, January 28, 2013

Life With My Non-Infants

I think that life's pretty good now that my kids are past the infant stage.

When we go out, I don't have to lug a huge diaper bag with me. And now that Baby Jayne is coming to 4 years old, I don't even need to bring milk powder and milk bottles because she feels embarrassed drinking milk outside of the house. When we go for meals in restaurants, the kids feed themselves and I can have a pretty decent and comfortable meal myself. Plus, the kids are not old enough to warrant me to be excessively concerned for their studies yet. It is really an enjoyable phase of motherhood. :)

Yesterday after church, we decided to check out this bistro nearby called Heath Bistro. Even though there was hardly anyone inside the restaurant, the food turned out to be quite alright. I love it that the restaurant was cosy and very quiet - Just the kind of environment I like for a meal with my family.

Our highlight every Sunday after church would be to listen to the kids tell us what they learnt at Children's Church, the artwork they made and songs they sang. Simple joys like that make me very happy. :)

Check out Joey's LONG fringe - She refused to cut it off no matter how many times I've nagged at her. So she's been going to school with hair clips to put the fringe up everyday. It's funny to me because I remembered keeping my fringe long during my Secondary School days too. Even though the process of keeping it long enough in order to tie it up was tough, I persevered and 20 years down the road, I've still kept that long fringe and never once have I cut it short before! =P

We ordered Fish & Chips ($9.90) for the girls and pasta for ourselves ($8.90 for Aglio Olio with option to add chicken or seafood at $1 & $2 respectively).

Lots of ingredients in my Aglio Olio. Only complain is that it's not spicy! :)

With every main course, you can order the Soup-of-the-Day at $1. Pretty good mushroom soup they served!

Love Sundays. Don't you? :)

image