Friday, November 29, 2013

Philips Avance XL AirFryer (Special Discount For You!]

Sponsored Review

I’ve been eyeing an AirFryer since it first appeared in the market. You can hardly blame it – It sounds too good to be true. I can cook my favorite fried food at home without using oil and it produces some of the yummiest fried food many levels healthier. Plus, the AirFryer is so easy to use and clean, it’s hard not to love it.

Philips launched their Viva Collection AirFryer in 2011, and in the midst of very good reviews, consumers have requested for an improved version of the AirFryer with greater capacity, versatility and performance. The Philips Avance XL AirFryer is the perfect answer to this call, and you can expect to find them in major stores from December onwards. Not only is the Philips Avance AirFryer 50% bigger in capacity, it also allows more family favorites with up to 80 percent less fat for healthier
eating options. Best of all, with the Rapid Air Technology, aside from frying, you can also grill, roast, gratinate and bake a variety of dishes that are tasty, quick and simple – all from the same appliance. Sounds like a perfect appliance? I put it to the test over the weekend, and managed to whip up different snacks and dishes for my family. I was really amazed (and convinced)!

This thing is a black beauty. How important are aesthetics nowadays? It makes cooking that much happier.

IMG_9775

I am a busy mom and I don’t have a lot of time to do the preparations. So everything I tried cooking with the AirFryer was simple and easy. First up, POPIAH!

Simple ingredients include carrots, radish and mushrooms. You can also add prawns or chicken if you like a fuller snack.

IMG_2144

Popiah skin can be found from most supermarkets. Just wrap a little of the ingredients with the skin and put it into the AirFryer for 7 minutes on 200 degrees C. A simple and healthy snack ready to be devoured! Jayne LOVES it so much, she ate four at one go.

IMG_2152 IMG_2153

I love CHICKEN WINGS and I love almonds, so I thought why not make some almond chicken? It was such an ingenious idea, I should get an award for that. All I did was to marinate the chicken wings with light & dark soya sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Then sprinkle the almonds all over the wings before sending them into the AirFryer.

IMG_2148

I fried my wings at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes, and they came out looking perfect and yummy like these. I couldn’t have asked for more.

IMG_2155

I had to try the AirFryer with my favorite seafood of course. Marinated these PRAWNS with white wine, garlic and some salt & pepper before popping them into the AirFryer. Just 7 minutes in 200 degrees C, they were all done and super delicious! We’ll think about the calories another day.

IMG_2158

They go best with some soya sauce & cut chilis. Love it!

IMG_2161

And I would like to end off with what I thought was the BEST DISH I made with the AirFryer. It was so good the kids kept pestering me to make that for them again. It was so simple and fuss-free, I totally wouldn’t mind. I might just make it again this weekend!

<RECIPE: CRUSTED SALMON>

Ingredients:

Salmon slab
1 Egg
2 slices of Soda Biscuits crushed
A squeeze of Lemon (optional)

I don’t usually like to use breadcrumbs to make my crusted salmon. Instead, I prefer soda biscuits which gives the dish a better fragrance. Plus, the crunch is good.

IMG_2087

I had a really fresh and pretty slab of salmon. :)

IMG_2089

Dip the salmon completely in the beaten egg, then toss it into a plate of crushed soda biscuits to completely coat it.

IMG_2088

Then put it into the AirFryer and cook it on 200 degrees C for 10 minutes. And a yummy dish of salmon is ready! :)

IMG_2091

What I really love about the AirFryer is that it not only makes the exterior crispy and well done, the natural juices of the dish are still preserved within the flesh. The frying technology managed to cook the dishes and yet not dry them up - How perfect! I do love my Philips AirFryer! It makes me life so much easier, yummier and healthier all at the same time! clip_image023

IMG_2093

SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR READERS OF THE J BABIES
Cook with Air today! Quote [The J Babies] and buy the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer at $399 (Usual price: $459), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER and Philips Avance XL Airfryer at $479 (Usual price: $539), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER at the PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM. This promotion is valid from 1st December till 31st January 2014.

Limited to 1 Airfryer per person. NRIC must be produced.
PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM
Address: 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh Building TP4 Level 1 S(319762)
Tel: 6882 5800

Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00 am – 7.00 pm Saturday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.

The Philips Viva Digital Airfryer and Philips Avance XL Airfryer are also available at regular prices in leading electronics stores, department stores and supermarkets island-wide.

P/S: The J Babies received complimentary unit of the Philips Avance XL AirFryer for purpose of review, as well as monetary compensation to use and review the unit. All opinions and photographs are my own. I won’t be held responsible for your drooling after seeing the photos.