Thursday, December 05, 2013

Have A Merry Christmas With FairPrice

Advertorial

It’s coming to my favorite season of the year again.

Every year when it comes to December, I get into this deliriously happy mood everyday. Especially when the Christmas decorations start coming up on Orchard Road and the malls start playing Christmas carols, the anticipation to Christmas builds up. Christmas to me is a time of celebration, feasting and enjoying quality time with family and friends. It’s the time of the year when I rest from a whole year of hard labor, and party with my loved ones.

The problem is, we are already at the 1st week of December, and I am beginning to freak out a little that I’ve not started on my Christmas shopping! Thankfully, FairPrice will be coming to my rescue this year! Perhaps you don’t know yet, but apart from settling your monthly grocery needs, FairPrice is also a one-stop venue to purchase everything you need for a perfect Christmas party! From ham, turkey, salads, pasta and wines for your Christmas feast, to happy and cheery Christmas decorations and chocolates & toys for the little ones, you will be able to settle your shopping list in just one location! For a really busy mom like me, this is PERFECT! I no longer need to travel to a few places just to get the things I need – Time and money saved!

I have to say that this year’s Christmas catalogue from Fairprice is really cute.

image

See what I mean? :)

These little elves are FairPrice Xmas’ holiday helpers this year, and apart from the various items available for purchase in the catalogue, you can find great tips from these little elves to help you decide what to buy!

image image

I get excited just looking at the photos of these delectable dishes for Christmas! :D My 1st Christmas party will be happening this weekend, and I am so spoilt for choice at what to get for the party! I spotted really interesting dishes such as Earl Grey breast of duck, which FairPrice kindly delivered to me to try as well.

It was my first time trying such a dish, and I must say I was very amazed at how well-infused the earl grey was! Every bite of the duck meat came with a strong aroma of the tea and I love how tender the meat was. That’s pretty amazing because duck meat is usually tough and sometimes has a smell that some people do not like. I can totally foresee that this will be a very popular dish if I bring it to the party!

image

Don’t you just love all these colorful chocolates and candies?? They are perfect gifts for friends – Everyone loves a sweet treat!

image

Buying presents for little kids will not be a headache for me this year, because there will be so many for me to choose from!

image

This is just a small portion of the Fairprice Christmas catalogue, so to find out more of what’s available, get your catalogue here! They are also available at all FairPrice outlets. :)

For your convenience, you can place orders for Christmas Deli items via My FairPrice + app (available on iTunes and Google Play) as well! The good news is that if you choose to place your orders via the app and make payment with OCBC Plus! Visa credit cards, you will receive 10% off your order! Very good deal! :)

By the way, there are several roadshows happening at FairPrice to promote the Christmas offerings. I managed to check the first roadshow last weekend at Bukit Merah Central’s FairPrice, and I love the happy Christmas mood in the air!

IMG_2870

Right at the entrance, there were three colorful and pretty Christmas trees that put me right into the mood for Christmas with carols playing in the background as well. It’s easy if you want to replicate this for your house – The trees and all the decorations can be found at FairPrice itself. And may I add – at very attractive prices as well.

IMG_2871

IMG_2882IMG_2875
IMG_2876IMG_2872 IMG_2874   IMG_2878 IMG_2881IMG_2880  

The roadshow was hosted by YES 93.3 DJ, Xiao Jia Hui, and she played games with the shoppers, gave out prizes as well as share about FairPrice’s Christmas offerings.

image
Celebrity Chef Eric Teo also did cooking demonstrations for 2 dishes we can prepare for our Christmas feast that got everyone really excited!

image

If you missed the first roadshow, fret not! A few more are coming up – Be sure to make it for at least one of them!

1) 7 Dec Roadshow @ FairPrice East Point, From 2 – 4 pm
2) 14 Dec Roadshow @ FairPrice City square (#B1-09/10), From 2 – 4 pm
3) 21 Dec Roadshow @ FairPrice Xtra Changi Business Park, From 2 – 4 pm

While shopping at FairPrice, participate in their lucky draws, which aim to reward shoppers with a minimum spending of $30 in one receipt – A total of $100,000 worth of FairPrice gift vouchers to be won!

And for those of you who are interested in the Christmas recipes, download your copy of the Festive Booklet for Christmas from http://whatsupatfairprice.com.sg/wuafp_modules/Christmas/pdf/A5_Festive_Booklet_Combined_Final.pdf . The booklet will contain 8 recipes created by Chef Eric Teo - Learn how to deep fry cod steak with fruit beer, and pan-fry scallops with cranberry cocktail juice with pomelo salsa. For the pastry lovers, you can also learn how to make cheese cake using cheese blocks, Oreo cookies and root beer! Sounds really awesome, isn’t it??

By the way, if you need a step-by-step guide on whipping up these dishes, click on to http://whatsupatfairprice.com.sg/christmas/RecipeGallery/ to watch the video demos! I am really inspired to make some of these dishes because they look so easy!

Thanks to FairPrice, it looks like I am going to have a very hassle-free Christmas shopping and preparation this year! I’m ready for my 5 F’s!

image

P/S: This is a sponsored advertorial for FairPrice to share about their Christmas promotions. Some of the photographs are provided by FairPrice, but all opinions and comments are mine.

Technorati Tags: