Friday, May 20, 2016

Jayne Goes For Junior Show Choir Class At MADD Space

Media Invite
If you have a chance to ask Jayne what is the most favorite thing that she likes to do, she’d likely reply you, “Sing & dance!”
JPZY8942
I didn’t think that was weird at all because I was like that as a little girl. My mom tells me that I would choreography my own dance moves and cannot sit still whenever there was music. I even went as far as making my own collection of cassette tape recordings of my own singing. I was probably obsessed with my own talents. This little girl definitely got that part of the genes from me.
IMG_8365
When MADD Space approached me to review one of their popular 8-week class – Junior Show Choir – I thought it was the perfect chance for Jayne to do something she really enjoys. I was expecting her to be a little shy and intimidated at her first few classes but I know that she’ll catch on very quickly. She is very good with memorizing song lyrics and dance steps, so it would not be too big of a challenge to her. But what I was hoping to see as she goes through the classes is a more confident Jayne who is not afraid to present herself in front of others, and not just in front of her family members. While she may appear to be very jovial and outgoing as a kid, there are moments when she would feel self-conscious and awkward in front of a crowd, as with many kids of her age.
jnr interest group
In case you are not in the know, Show Choir is one of the fastest-growing CCA in schools in Singapore right now. Due to the popularity of Glee and High School Musical, many schools have started offering Show Choir as a CCA and many kids want to join! Show Choir is essentially a fusion of singing, dancing & performing, and it is most suitable for kids with a passion for the creative performing arts. Jayne is in the “Introduction to Show Choir (Junior)” created for beginners who have little or no experience in singing or dancing and they get to work on the basics of breathing, posture, pitching and blending – It’s essentially a step-by-step approach for aspiring performers!
Jayne was obviously nervous when she attended her first class, and when she was called upon to sing by herself, she was apprehensive and unsure. The kids had only 8 weeks to master a brand new song with dance steps included, so it was definitely not easy. I thought it was pretty amazing that the kids managed to pick up the melody fast and the whole song was learnt within a span of one hour!
IMG_8368
IMG_8371IMG_8378
Have a sneak peek at Jayne’s first class at MADD Space! By the end of 8 weeks, these kids will put up a full song & dance performance! I’ll be back with a full video recording when that happens! =D
For a full list of singing and dancing classes offered at MADD Space, check them out at http://maddspace.com.sg/classes/programme-list/

Check out my older post on Pumpkin Patch clothes!