Tuesday, September 27, 2016

3 Reasons Why I Like ‘Cast’ by Singtel

Media Review

I am a huge fan of entertainment on-the-go.

Most of my colleagues and friends know that I am always kept up-to-date with the latest Korean drama serials or variety shows in town, and because of that, I often get asked where I get the time to watch so many shows. Many are bewildered because I obviously have a very busy life as a full-time working mom of two school-going kids with many blogging commitments and tons of activities every weekend. Well, my secret is simple: I maximize my time by watching all my favorite shows on-the-go! That means, I’ll be watching an episode of the latest Korean drama when I am travelling from home to office in the morning and at night as well when I am going home from office. That way, I fully utilize the idle time I have on the public transport by doing what I really enjoy.

When I first heard of Cast, which is a OTT video portal app launched by Singtel for its customers, I thought what a great option it is! I make use of several apps on my phone to watch different shows, but sometimes new episodes are not updated timely enough or quality of the videos are just not satisfactory. Having just one app on the phone that can meet all my needs and expectations sounds just perfect!

IMG_0099

Cast is an app that can be downloaded free-of-charge from the Apple store or Google Play store onto your phone or tablet. Currently, Singtel postpaid customers can choose from three different programme packs – Kids, Asian Hits and Hallyu. Every pack is priced reasonably at only $4.90/month (with 12-months contract). Customers can also sign up for Viu Premium subscription at Cast to enjoy the latest Korean and Japanese entertainment at a lower price of just $4.90/mth. Having reviewed the app and its services for a month, I can say that this is one app that brings entertainment on-the-go to a whole new level altogether! As a person who cannot survive long bus or MRT rides without any form of entertainment, Cast has made commuting to and fro my office a joy everyday.

IMG_0100

Here’s sharing my 3 reasons why I like Cast:

1. Great Variety & Choices

There is indeed something for every one on Cast. As a Korean drama buff, I not only get to watch the latest episodes of the newest Korean drama serials on Viu Premium service, I can also search for older serials and variety programmes as well. The database of shows is huge, and there is always something interesting I can watch everyday on-the-go.

IMG_0102

The Hallyu Pack offers Korean entertainment from top Korean broadcasters on popular channels ONE, Oh!K and KBS World, showing all the latest programmes in Korea. Within 24 hours of Korean telecast, I could watch all-time favorite variety shows such as Running Man, Infinite Challenge, etc. Recently, the highly-popular drama series – W and Uncontrollably Fond – just ended, and I managed to catch the last few episodes on Cast!

IMG_0104

Sometimes, I get bored of Korean and Japanese entertainment and I switch to the Asian Hits Pack, which features up to 1,000 hours of popular hit movies, entertainment and drama series from Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China in their original languages! That is just awesome to me because I really enjoy watching Hong Kong drama series, but I’ve always had difficulty finding resources online where I can watch the whole series in Cantonese! On Cast, now I can! Hooray!

IMG_0103

The Kids Pack was of course a big hit with my kids. This pack offers Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. channels along with popular programmes such as Spongebob and Squarepants and PAW Patrol which they watch frequently on TV as well. Their biggest thrill comes from knowing that they have so many different programmes to choose from and they can watch it anytime they want without following a TV programme schedule! What’s more, I can also access the Emmy award-winning Nickelodeon Play App and get full access to the full range of games and shows.

20160924_134329IMG_0108
IMG_0107

2. Full-HD Quality Videos

Need I say more? As technology improves, we no longer have to put up with poor video quality nowadays. On Cast, every video is in high-definition - clear and sharp. Good video quality makes a big difference to the whole viewing experience and with Cast, you can be assured of that. Trust me, I’ve tried many other apps before and had my fair shares of disappointments because they just didn’t make the cut!

  IMG_0105IMG_0106IMG_0109IMG_0110

3. Instant Access Or Download To Watch Offline

One of the great functions of Cast is that you can choose to download and watch the programmes offline at a later time. What I do is to download the programmes at night before I sleep so that they are ready for me to watch the next day when I wake. Works perfectly for me everyday. Downloading the programmes is easy and hassle-free, and you can do it when you have WiFi connection to avoid bursting your data limit! Viu Premium subscribers get to enjoy privileges such as unlimited downloads, priority viewing with English and Chinese subtitles as fast as eight hours after original telecast, full HD and uninterrupted!

However, if you prefer to have instant access to the programmes without downloading, you can do that too without worrying about data costs. Every pack can be bundled with 1GB of data for just an additional S$3/month for Singtel subscribers. Awesome, right?!

If you are a Singtel subscriber, you can subscribe to Cast instantly via the My Singtel app or just call *688 and follow the instructions. For more information on Cast, visit www.cast.sg. Wait no more – Sign up now and have great entertainment on-the-go everyday everywhere!