Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bing Liang Mooncakes (Review)


Call me traditional, but I tend to fancy stuffs from traditional bakeries. There is something nostalgic about them that mesmerizes me always. So when Bing Liang Bakery sent over their mooncakes for tasting this year, I was full of expectancy. After all, they were awarded ‘Best Mooncake in Singapore 2018’ by BestinSingapore.sg!

While there have been creative and interesting new flavours for mooncakes on the market the last few years, I still always go back to the traditional ones. This year, Bing Liang Bakery packaged their mooncakes in a nifty pretty pink box with a pull-out drawer. It’s such a pretty gift idea!



Apart from the traditional Lotus Single and Double Yolk mooncakes, Bing Liang also sent over their low sugar version, which I thought would be so popular because so many people are trying to adopt healthier eating habits now. Our elderly will be pleased to receive the low sugar options too, I’m sure and it shows our thoughtfulness towards them.



If you are a durian lover, Bing Liang also offers Mao Shan Wang mooncakes, which tasted like durian cakes to me. The flavour is not that strong, so don’t worry even if you are not a big fan of durians.


On the whole, I find Bing Liang’s mooncakes just right in terms of sweetness. It’s not overly sweet such that you cannot take too much at one go, and I think it would pair perfectly with a pot of hot Chinese tea. :) Traditional mooncakes always reminds me of my childhood and how excited the little children were when mooncakes arrived and we gathered round the dining table just to feast and chit-chat. Now as a mom, I want to create those moments for my kids as well - Not because I am a big fan of mooncakes per-say, but because mooncakes create memories as a family and those memories will stay with us forever.



Have you ordered your mooncakes yet? If not, don’t wait any more. Hurry over to Bing Liang’s website and order them (I’m eyeing those Pandan mooncakes – Looks so good!)  By the way, early bird promotions end on 8 Aug 2019 - As you can see, you can enjoy as much as 40% discount if you order now! Enjoy free delivery as well if you spend above SGD88! Also, check out their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/bingliangbakery/



Looking forward to a great Mid-Autumn festival celebration with family & friends! =D



Disclosure: This is a sponsored review. All photos and opinions presented in this post are solely ours.