Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The Durian Bakery (Sponsored Review)

 My durian-loving family had a really good week with durian delicacies sent over from The Durian Bakery. We have tried many durian products and pastries before, but I must say, it was our first time trying a Durian Crepe Cake - how decadent it was! 

When I was browsing through their online shop, I was intrigued to see that they have incorporated durians into their crepe cake, and when I saw the Dark Chocolate Musang King Durian Mille Crepe Cake, I knew I wanted that - It's a combination of two of our favourite things: Chocolate & durian! Check out the visual - so tempting, right?!

Turned out, it was the best decision ever. The cake was everything we imagined it to be. The durian matched perfectly with the dark chocolate notes, and every mouthful was refreshing with bursts of flavors in our mouths. We left it in the freezer and let it thaw a little when we wanted to eat, and it seriously tasted like ice-cream! It was a great dessert, especially during this hot season in Singapore!

The crepe cake has 39 layers in all - 20 layers of thin handmade crepe skin and 19 layers of thick durian puree. Surprisingly, it didn't feel overpowering in any way. In fact, you cannot stop eating it. I like it really cold, so keeping it in the freezer and cut out a slice to thaw only when I want to eat it, is perfect. Do take note though that there are no preservatives added, so finish up as soon as possible (Not difficult, if you ask me). If you don't fancy chocolate, you can also try their durian crepe cake for a pure durian experience.

Different durian pastries were also sent over for us to try, and we enjoyed them as well, though the star is still the crepe cake, for sure. If you would like to try all of their selections, opt for their bundle deal - 1 box of 12 D24 durian choux puff, 1 box of 6 D24 snowy mochi and 1 pcs of dark chocolate MSW mousse. Everything is freshly baked with no preservatives added, so you can enjoy them with ease. If I may recommend, the choux puffs are a must-try. 

Durian lovers, wait no longer! Check out The Durian Bakery and satisfy your cravings right away. They offer free delivery for orders above $50 and they also offer Express Delivery services (1 hour!) if you are placing a last-minute order. As a durian lover myself, I vouch that the quality is really good!

For more recommendations on the best things in Singapore, check out https://bestinsingapore.com/