But today I decided to take a step of faith to bathe her! Oh man, it was quite an adventure. (but of course, don't expect any photos here, because firstly I AM the one bathing the baby, where got time to take photos of myself?? And fat hope I'm going to keep indiscriminating evidences of a frantic and almost-went-mad mother trying to bathe her daughter for the first time.)
It started off pretty well, I must say. I did all the correct preparation. Closed the windows, off the fan, on the heater water in the bath tub, standby towels and change of clothes, put some shampoo on the side of the tub. Then I brought Joey into the bathroom and happily wet her hair with the small towel soaked in the warm and nice water, like how I always see my mother in law do. So far so good. In came the shampoo on her hair and then washed off. Joey was even smiling. He he.. Chey! Who needs to learn how to bathe a baby??!
Then my mother in law came into the bathroom, and she was happy to see that I am bathing Joey myself.
"So have you wiped her face yet?" she asked casually.
"Opps... I totally forgot!"
Aiyah, the first thing to do is to wipe her face cos once I use the towel to wash her hair, it'll become oily, and it's not good to wipe her face using that. And I forgot & just went ahead to wash her hair. Sigh.. so got to go take another towel to wipe her face.
Then came the most challenging part - to sit her in the bath tub. There is a special way to hold her when she sits in the bath tub so that she doesn't slip down. It'd be disastrous if she really slips into the water. Not only will she wail till the roof comes down, she might not want to bathe anymore in future. Here's when I got frantic. How to hold her?? Even though I observed many times already, I still didn't know how to hold her properly and she seemed uncomfortable and fidgety. So, finally I gave up and my mother in law took over, and I observed with all my might once again.
Well, I will try again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better. : )
Sounds so funny! Hee... my cousin in law said theres this huge foam to put in the tub to prevent slipping..i still trying to find...sigh.. it might be of some help next time you try bathing Joey! :0 what an adventure!
ReplyDeleteOh u want to find that foam? It's sold in most shops. Try mothercare, think i've seen it there before. It's quite a common thing, so shouldn't be difficult to find.
ReplyDeletewhat an amzing thing to be a mother.
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see you and the baby....