Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We are on leave today, cos got to go HDB to settle some paperwork. So we took the chance to bring Joey to visit the childcare centre that we are considering. Brought Joey along so that I can see what her reactions will be when we are there. :)

I'll let the pictures do the talking!

At the chair area outside the centre

The corridor

Things I found along the way... the kids' work, their shoe racks...

We couldn't observe how the lessons were conducted cos when we reached the place, it was the kids' napping time.

The playground

I'm sure you can imagine what a hard time we have in dragging her away from the play area!

All in all, we are all quite happy with the place. The only shortcoming is probably that the place is old, but I actually like it because it gives me a very 'school' feeling. It kind of reminded me of my secondary school. Very heartwarming. :)

This particular campus is air conditioned, with only the outdoor playground that's without, so that's one of my considerations as well, since I had hoped to find one that's non air-conditioned.

The plus point as mentioned by the teacher is that they teach the kids christian songs, tell them bible stories and they also use bible characters to aid in their teaching. They say grace before meals and they even have a morning 'devotion' assembly session at 830am every morning. I think that's really good.

I probably will try to make it back to the centre another day to see how the lessons are run. Then I'll have a better idea how it's gonna be like. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment