Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sometimes I Get A Little Over Paranoid..

Some of you may say 'CHOY!!!' when you read this, and others may laugh at my paranoia. Whatever. Better be safe than sorry wat!!!!

Anyway, the story starts off when Joey started complaining that the area under her knee area is very painful. Periodically, once in a while, she would complain of such pains, but we usually don't pay much attention to her. My MIL mentioned to me several times that it's not the first time she complained of the pain and we should perhaps bring her for an X-ray. I told her OK, but inside my heart, I keep thinking she's just being paranoid.

Then a few days ago, Joey complained of the pain in the same place several times in one afternoon. She would sit down, then frown and keep rubbing that same area and complain that it's painful.

I got concerned about it, so went to do some research on the internet. I found different kinds of pains that children experience such as growing pains (which are normal in growing kids and usually affects both legs especially after a long day of activities), and other kinds of joint pains which are really no real cause for concern.

Then, I read about this particular kind of pain, which happens in only one specific area of one leg, which could likely be (get ready for this....) the very first symptoms of leukemia. Leukemia usually starts with pain in the bone, and the kid would be restless, lose appetite and weight loss etc.

I seriously freaked out when I read about that!!!

Cos I recalled that Joey had been feeling rather restless the past few days. She would keep feeling sleepy and would lie down to rest, without being able to fall asleep. Then she ate very little because she didn't seem to have the appetite. And now, the pain??!!!!!

Immediately the next day, we brought her to Gleneagles to see Dr Yip. Told him about the pain she complained about and the funniest thing happened.

Dr Yip wanted her to lie down so that he could examine her leg. But she suddenly felt insecure about it and put up a violent struggle! Then all of a sudden, SHE KICKED DR YIP!!!!!

Gosh, I was so embarrassed....

I asked Dr Yip whether her pain was any cause for concern, and he said simply, "If she has that much strength to kick me, I don't think there's anything wrong with her leg. This is probably just muscle ache, seeing how active she is."

=P

When I went back to office, my friend Dawn laughed at me!!!!! Yes la, I admit I let my imagination run wild alittle, but better safe than sorry mah?!!!!

By the way, the nurse took her weight and she is now at a healthy 14.8kg. Heee.. weight loss, my foot!

No comments :

Post a Comment