Monday, November 10, 2008

I Sure Hope It’s Over!

Thank God for deliverance!

I've been feeling and experiencing much better days the past week and it seems that the morning sickness is slowly fading away. Praise the Lord!!!!

It's the busy period in my work right now, and I really cannot afford to deal with so many battles at the same time. Alertness and a high spirit is what I need the most now. :) You can imagine how terrible I felt every morning when I wake up feeling nauseous and wishing I can just sleep in. Now that I finally feel a little better, I am beginning to be a lot happier!

The 1st trimester of a pregnancy is really not a very nice transition. Apart from the physical fatigue and discomfort, the woman is also stuck in a neither-here-nor-there stage. People stare at your 'barely-there' tummy and wonder to themselves why you don't bother to keep yourself fit and tummy trim. *&*%$@*! I don't exactly get people coming up to me to tell me off lah, but I can just see it from their eyes!!!

I've realised that the morning sickness symptoms kick in when I am hungry, or has low sugar content. So my comfort foods at this moment include all sweet drinks, fruits such as grapes, apples and mangoes, and chocolates!!!!!!

Hahaha... all these sweet things make me feel better instantaneously!

So I can't wait for the 2nd trimester to start!!!! =D

There is an obvious difference between my first and second pregnancy. Hee Hee... Please don't scold me after you hear this. I am sure many 2nd-time mums do the same things as me. =P

When I was pregnant with Joey, I get nauseous at the mention of coffee, which happens to be the most important necessity of my daily life routine. So throughout my pregnancy, I drank zero coffee or tea. And I also avoided all carbonated drinks especially Coca Cola because they are supposedly not good for pregnant ladies.

For this pregnancy, I don't detest coffee that much though I don't drink as much now. Gynae actually will tell you that it's fine to drink coffee as long as you don't exceed 3 cups per day. Then again, most people don't even drink 3 cups a day lah. I drink tea more frequently these days because the sweetness perks me up. :) The major difference is that I have been drinking alot of Coca Cola. =P Very bad, I know. But it perks me up as well.

Joey's blog was started when I was about 6 months pregnant with her. And I blog about the progress every single day, noting down everything that I went through emotionally, physically and mentally. I took super alot of photos of her clothes, cot, toys, everything. Now with baby number 2, I have not really mentioned him/her much. Hahaha.... afterall, I've been through it before, so nothing is really new now. Perhaps when we know the gender of baby in a few months' time, it will get more interesting. :)

Experienced mums tell me that usually from pregnancy number 2 onwards, you wish the pregnancy can quickly be over. I do understand what they are saying now. Haha..

No comments :

Post a Comment