Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby J Is Growing Healthily

Went for my monthly gynae visit this morning, and it was a good scan because Dr Fong took me through all the vital structures of the baby, whatever he could see. :) The report was that all 'seem' to be good. Haha.. I guess an ultrascan is not very detailed, so the doctors will always be careful with their choice of words.

Can you spot which part is which?? :)

I am very bad at such things, and it's usually Isaiah who could recognise which and which, and for me, it always takes alittle longer. The white curved part is the spine, and Dr Fong says the structure looks normal. The back bone is also developing well. He measured the length of baby's hands, legs and stomach circumference, head circumference, and all tally with the estimated age of the foetus. So all in all, seems good. =)

We attempted to catch the gender of the baby today, but baby was sitting upright, so we could only see the head very clearly, and sexual organ was furthest away. In any case, it's still considered early now as I am only about 4 months pregnant. By the 5th month, it's likely we can see, if baby cooperates.

But I did see some interesting things today. We saw both hands' 5 fingers very clearly. In fact, one second, baby was clenching the fist. The next moment, baby was showing a victory sign, and the next, baby was showing a fire sign. Heee... flexible fingers.. :) I also saw a blur version of baby's face, but obviously, not very clear & vivid yet.

I should have more to report on my next visit as I'm scheduled for a detailed scan then! How exciting!

No comments :

Post a Comment