Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Every Morning Is The Same

Do mummies who send their kids to childcare centres face the same problem every morning?

My Joey wakes up everymorning, and seeing that we are preparing her to go out, will ask where we are bringing her. The answer will always be, 'We're going to school!', which will then bring forth a response of 'I don't want to go to school!'

Sigh.

Will this phase ever pass, u think?

My MIL believes it's because the teachers must have punished her before in school, and that's why she resists going to school. I personally do not think so. I think every kid (or almost every kid) will behave like that in the mornings, especially when they have to wake up so early and be hastily dressed to go school. Their moods probably won't be that fantastic right? Even as a kid myself, I also had mornings when I wished I didn't have to go to school. I think it's just her way of telling me that she wished I didn't have to leave for work, because school = mummy & daddy are leaving for work and can't stay with joey. Makes sense?

Anyway, just in case my MIL was right, I questioned Joey this morning:

Mummy: Joey, did your teachers scold you or beat you in school?

Joey: No.....

Mummy: Did your friends scold you or push you in school?

Joey: No......

Now, if you think I am being a very naive mummy to believe in what my 3-year-old kid says, I can tell you she is as trustworthy (if not more so) than any adult. Kids usually will tell you every small detail, especially those they are unhappy about.

Oh, I forgot to share with you guys that she came home one day last week telling us that the teachers bathed her in cold water in school. I asked the teachers immediately the next day, and now Joey comes home everyday and told me that showers are now done with warm waters. Haha, see? Complaining works!

And so, this morning I made a hi-five promise with joey that she will stop saying, 'I don't want to go to school' tomorrow. This psycho-emo thing is not very good for mornings.

We'll see if it works.

And........... we finally got one set of T-shirt uniform for Joey! It was out of stocks till a few days back. We're still waiting for the official uniform to come in stock. But this is cute enough for me! =D

No comments :

Post a Comment