Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Poor Baby :(

Such a young, pretty & innocent girl tortured by THIS! I can’t believe it!

In-grown Toenail!

 DSC04253

Can you see that her big toe is swollen??

This is probably clearer:

zzz

Brought her to see the doctor yesterday and I learnt for the first time that I should not cut her toenails according to the shape of her toes. Unlike fingernails which we can do that, for toenails, we have to cut one straight line across, even if it means the edges are going to be sharp & pointed. When we try to cut her toenails according to the curved shape of the toes, it increased the chances of in-grown toenails. Of course, other factors may cause the growth as well, like poor-fitting shoes which are too small and caused the nails to grow inwards.

And so, there are gross pus at the corner, and the doctor had initially wanted to poke the infected area to drain off the pus, but seeing that Joey even flinches at a small touch at the toe, he decided that it would not be possible. On the side, he passed me a glance & a needle, and asked me to go home & poke it while Joey is asleep! Gosh. I haven’t found the courage to do it yet.

The throbbing pain kept Joey waking up several times last time. Sigh. I can imagine how painful it must be. :(

I pray, and I pray, that the pus will somehow miraculously dry up by itself today so that I do not need to administer the needle. It would be too cruel.

2 comments :

  1. Ya man.. she walks with a limp now, so that she doesn't need to press on that toe.. ='(

    ReplyDelete