Monday, April 27, 2009

What If ?

Yes, we haven’t yet bought the stuffs that Baby Jayne would need, like her milk bottles, bottle tits, pacifiers, bottle detergent etc. We have always been working based on the timeline of 21 May for my C-section, so we have a good whole month to get those things settled.

But yesterday my MIL said something which made us realise that we shouldn’t take things for granted. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and generally 2nd pregnancies are shorter, meaning the baby comes earlier. My C-section is scheduled for 2 weeks before my 40-week full term, which means Baby Jayne is planned to arrive when she’s 38-week-old. That is, however, a best-case-scenario. WHAT IF JAYNE DECIDES TO COME OUT EARLIER?? If my water bag bursts or I start to have contractions before that, I would be caught in a frenzy because no preparations are done yet!

Another implication is of course, if I start to have symptoms of baby coming earlier than planned, then my C-section becomes an emergency C-section. Oh man, in that case, I might try for natural birth then, since it will still be emergency C-section if natural doesn’t work in the end. Sigh, how complicated. I am so not mentally prepared for a natural birth lor! I pray that Baby Jayne will be stable and endure till the schedule C-section date! Please pray for me….

2 comments :

  1. hahaaa...dear, i will be there with you no matter what happens...so dun worry.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know you will, dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete