Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Sibling Business

Sometimes I get all emo & wishy-washy about this sibling business that even I can’t stand myself.

When I see my 2 girls, I can’t help but think about how blessed Joey is to have a little sister like Jayne and how blessed Jayne is to have a big sister like Joey. If I ever only have 2 kids, they will be the only sibling to each other all their lives. Just like how my little brother only has me and I only have him. Just like how my husband only has his little brother and his little brother only has him. Awwwww…

page

Then again, I think the sibling business is never quite the same between a brother & a sister, as compared to between 2 sisters or 2 brothers. Somehow, the gender plays a significant difference in the way siblings respond and react to each other as they are growing up.

While my mum had been lamenting during my pregnancy days that she wished my 2nd child is a boy, when Baby Jayne was born, she started to say things like, ‘Actually, having 2 girls is good hor? Look at the way they love each other. It’s just so endearing.’

page1

The truth is, even though I really like my little brother (not that little anymore though. He’s 27 this year) a lot now, I don’t remember having any liking for him while growing up. Quite frankly, I only remember those times I totally detested him and found him a complete nuisance (opps). I even conjured vicious scheming tricks just to get him punished or caned by my mum. Yeh, I was that horrible myself. But they were really funny.

Siblings are important people in our lives who grow up together with us, pretty much experience the same childhood as us, and endure through the same canings & scolding by our parents. At the end of the day, no matter what happens, we will always have each other to cover our backside and believe in us. How wonderful!

No comments :

Post a Comment