Thursday, July 30, 2009

When They Are Asleep…

DSC05752Looking at my children fall asleep is a very surreal experience.

Many random thoughts went through my mind as I was patting Joey to sleep tonight.

I always knew I want to have kids, but growing up, I never once tried to imagine what it would be like when I really have kids.

It was not because I don’t like kids. In fact, I love kids to bits. But, I never really thought seriously about having kids or when i was going to have them. I have never imagined myself as a mum.

Isaiah and I decided to try for a baby one fine day. We didn’t have lengthy discussions before our wedding as to when we will want to have kids. It was just something we knew we would do, but no plans yet, you know what I mean. But one fine day after we were married for three years, we just suddenly decided that it’s time to have kids, and thankfully, I was pregnant soon after that, and viola, today I have 2 beautiful girls to my name. On hindsight though, I ought to have put a lot more thought into something that took away all my freedom. What gave us the courage, I wonder? =P

As I was watching Joey fall asleep tonight, I suddenly felt very blessed to have her as my daughter. In the last three years, there were frustrating moments and times I wished life was different. But most of the time, I was filled with joy and happiness. Because of Joey, I have had one of the best 3 years of my life. Life has never been the same ever since I first laid my eyes on her. She’s the wittiest, smartest, prettiest and most adorable kid I’ve ever met.

Now with Baby Jayne, I feel even more like a proud mummy. She’s just so gorgeous and beautiful, and every time I stare into her little oval face (with that cute double chin), I fall in love with her over and over again. The reason why you keep seeing photos of her face here on this blog shows how much I want to show the world how lovely she is.

Before you think I am just a self-centered & arrogant mummy who thinks the world about her kids, ask any mum and I’m sure they feel the same way about their kids too. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment