Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Go-Round-&-Round Thing With Music

Yes, I’m talking about the cot mobile!

During Joey’s time, she received many different kinds of baby floor gyms, cot mobiles, charms etc during her birth and baby shower. Baby Jayne, on the other hand, received NONE! Seriously, all her gifts were either diapers, clothes or $$!

Because of this strange phenomenon, I have been hunting around for a cot mobile for Jayne because she’s coming to 3 months old, and would start reaching out to touch colorful things around her soon. Plus, the few minutes she’s entertained by a cot mobile might just give me the chance to bathe or catch a quick bite!

But you know, cot mobiles are SO DISGUSTINGLY UNBELIEVABLY OVERPRICED. I had to blame it on the brands. Everyone I saw at Toy ‘R’ Us were at least $79. I must have forgotten that Toy ‘R’ Us itself is a branded store.

Imagine my happiness when I was at Kiddy Palace today and saw cot mobiles selling at $12.90!!! I nearly started jumping madly in the store! But of course, I was too elegant to do something like that. Ahem.

And so I wasted no time at all & went home happily with a mobile of bears!

I tried switching on the mobile for the first time today in a bid to stop her from crying. What a resounding success!! She stopped, paused and started staring at the colorful bears above her. She raised her eyebrows and was totally obsessed with the new floating thing that went round and round above her!

DSC06144

DSC06146

DSC06154

DSC06153

DSC06157

DSC06155

1 

Cot Mobile = $12.90.

Baby Jayne’s smile = Priceless.

3 comments :

  1. haha... ya... babies' smiles are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. think this thing always work on babies eh? hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh! It's a great invention! I'm next going to buy one that can attach to her pram! =D

    ReplyDelete