Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Relaxed As Ever

I was reading one of my favorite parenting blogs – Karen Cheng’s Snippets of Life, and her latest entry made me laugh out loud! If you are a parent, you got to read it!

http://www.karencheng.com.au/2009/08/06/making-baby-3-three-children-and-relaxed-as-ever/

I love it that FINALLY (finally!), somebody tells me that it’s OK not to fuss over my baby. It’s OK that not everything needs to be super duper hygienic. It’s OK that I don’t have to hide my baby at home simply because she’s ‘too small’ and the air outside’s very polluted. It’s OK that I don’t have to hold the diapers by 2 fingers just so I don’t ‘dirty’ it. It’s OK that I let my baby lie on a surface without first laying a piece of cloth over it. It’s OK that I reuse milk bottles that are not sterilized yet. It’s OK that I use the same pacifier and not wash it the whole day. It’s OK that my baby’s milk is colder than lukewarm. It’s OK for the baby to cry a little. It’s OK to relax!!!!!

05082009092

I’m quite sick of people telling me that I have to follow all the kind advice of parenting magazines and kind souls (usually those who have been mums much longer than I) to do all my deeds as a mum diligently, otherwise if my kid falls sick, it’s ALL MY FAULT. I’m sick of people telling me that I shouldn’t have done it like this, or like that, or I SHOULD HAVE done it this way, or that way.

It’s not that I am arrogant and refuse to listen to good advice. I really do listen most of the time, especially since I’ve only been a mum for slightly more than three years. What I absolutely detest is people thinking that I know no better simply because I’m young and ignorant. Even if I do not know a lot, I still do everything in the interest of my kids!

I like to do it my way, because it’s my kids. (Get it?)

P/S: Sorry if I sounded hysterical, but it is by no means a description of how I feel at this point in time. Those thoughts, however, did cross my mind at various times during my journey as a mum. Reading the article just brought them out again! Haha!

No comments :

Post a Comment