Tuesday, February 09, 2010

It’s Tiring But Pretty Enjoyable

It was a busy Monday at home yesterday with the 2 kiddos. But I am happy that both are fully recovered from the stomach flu episode, so even though they were both screaming for my attention, I was still glad.

Did coloring with Joey, and I was once again amazed at her coloring talent. I think she’ll make a good artist. And when I compare her coloring with mine, I observed something: In a kids’ world, there’re no rules.

Mine. Prim & proper.

IMG_5880

Joey’s. Creative & imaginative.

IMG_5902

My coloring was a typical adult piece of work. The flowers are red, leaves are green and faces are beige. It’s a very rational piece. Joey’s, on the other hand, is colored according to what she likes. Why can’t the face be brown? Why can’t the leaf be red? Why can’t the flower be blue? Why can’t Mickey wear un-matching gloves & shoes? Indeed, why not? :) Adults are often so confined by the rules of this world that it’s harder for us to jump out of the box. It may be nice to be irrational once in a while & question the norm. We may discover some surprises along the way. =)

IMG_5894

IMG_5881

IMG_5886

Haha I thought this photo is really funny with those sleepy eyes and messy hair!

IMG_5890

Suddenly out of the blue, she wanted me to take photos of her sleeping. My girl can be rather random at times.

IMG_5891

IMG_5892

Baby Jayne, on the other hand, continues to be a whiner. I have no idea how to make her stop.

IMG_5915 

IMG_5918

IMG_5920

It’s tiring having to entertain both kids for one whole day, but I treasure these times too. Kids grow up so fast, it’s scary.

IMG_5922

2 comments :

  1. Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kat, thanks for coming by!:)

    Yes, I heard about the boot camp but sadly, I'm not able to make it. You guys are going to have such a great time! It's going to be our traditional chinese new year here in Singapore in a few days' time too & I'm looking forward! :)

    ReplyDelete