Saturday, April 17, 2010

She Might Turn Out To Be An Art Genius Afterall

I really do think so.

Since Joey started showing interest in coloring, she’s been doing so well at coloring. At a tender age of 2, she was already coloring pretty well. Now, most of her coloring assignments win praises from her teachers. She loves vibrant colours, and she makes sure her coloring is kept within the lines.

I mean, I always knew about her interest in coloring, but didn’t think much about her drawing abilities. I still remember clearly how I asked her to draw me about half a year ago and all she could manage were circles. Nothing like a human form at all.

Just the other day, we decided to do drawing on her drawing block, and she started drawing seriously. I thought she was going to draw gibberish yet again, and didn’t pay attention to her. I concentrated on drawing my Mickey Mouse. Haha this was what I drew..

IMG_7721

And after I finished my artwork, I turned to see what Joey drew and this was what she showed me:

A ship, according to her. Actually, I can definitely visualize it being a ship. I am amazed at how precise the lines were and how she ‘designed’ the ship to be such? *I kept thinking about titantic*

IMG_7722

These amazed me even more! She drew flowers! And don’t they look like DAISIES???! She’s a J Baby In The Daisies, indeed! =P Mind you, I didn’t teach her all those! So cute la, she..

IMG_7723

Then another time, we did water painting, and this was the 1st thing she drew..

IMG_7547

A rainbow! How beautiful!!!!

IMG_7546

I think she’s really got talent in this area and I’d want to develop her further if possible!

IMG_7548

My Joey is such a darling with lots and lots of hidden talents.. so proud of her.. =)