Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When Two Is Perfect

Whenever I get driven to nuts by my two girls, I draw comfort from the fact all sacrifices and heart aches are worth it because the girls have each other as company.

Some of my friends only want to have 1 kid because they feel they cannot manage more than 1 kid and they just want to give the best to their only child. I can understand that perspective. It really is a whole lot easier to have just one kid. If having one kid turns your world upside down, then having two turns it upside down twice over. But, when I see the interaction between the two girls, I feel affirmed in my decision to have a 2nd kid, and I feel very happy about it.

Recently, because Baby Jayne has grown in her ability to understand, the girls have been playing a lot more together. Although the age gap is still there inevitably, they can now play role-playing or play-pretend for a good half an hour together. Mummies know how precious peaceable playtime is.

IMG_0368

Joey is the elder sister, so she always dictates what they will play. She loves giving instructions and dishing out advices, so she makes a really good elder sister. Her younger sister seemed to enjoy listening to her too. (The next few photos were taken with a funny mode called ‘miniature’ that blurs out the top and bottom portions of the photo. Can anyone tell me why there is a need for such a mode??!)

IMG_0363

Playing some waitress and customer game here..

IMG_0364

The sight is pretty endearing. Every parent’s wish is to see the kids playing well together and enjoying each other’s company. I think when they are older and can go out on their own, it’s going to get even more fun. Sisters can go shopping together!!!

IMG_0370

I am glad that my kids could grow up with a sibling. It’s the best gift I could ever give to them. =)

IMG_0371

IMG_0374