Whenever I insanely make the decision to bring my kids to the playground, they dash right into the playground with such gusto and enthusiasm, you’d think I’ve locked them up for 10 years.
Especially this little girl. I have no idea where she got all her guts from, because quite frankly, both her daddy and me have very low threshold for risks. She just dives head-on into dangerous acts like nobody’s business (mostly acts of the same danger level as as sky-diving and bungee jumping), and thus makes bringing the kids to the playground a very tiring event for the Mummy indeed. But of course, the kids had super duper fun.
(Yes, my Joey is in such a princess-y stage now that she insists on wearing a dress even when we’re going to the playground. *roll eyes*)
And actually, if I stop being paranoid about their hands and knees turning black from all the dirt, and that they will catch some virus from the common play areas, I can have a more relaxed time. After all, my kids are pretty good at manoeuvring around all the steep slopes, high platforms and scary corners, right? Furthermore, what’s dirt anyway? A good old bath can make them smacking clean in no time.
And actually, if it’s just them at the playground, I am still pretty cool about the whole ‘getting dirty’ thing. It’s when there are other kids from the neighbourhood around that makes me nervous. They either get into some kind of crazy run-around-non-stop stint or I-refuse-to-go-home act. Either case, it takes extra effort from the Mummy to drag them away from this heaven in their opinion.
Still, playground scores point at draining the energy of the little ones. They get right into their naps the moment they come out of the shower. And that’s when Mummy gets to sit down with a cup of tea and just pretend life’s perfect, for a while. =)