Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Merging Kids Into Our Schedule

After you have kids, life takes a big turn. Either you give up totally on your social life, or you try very hard to make it happen. I’m sure many of you know what I mean. I have friends who tell me they don’t go out during the weekends anymore because the kids need to nap, cannot be out under the sun for too long, blah blah blah. So either they leave their kids with their parents or they give up going out altogether. I understand that totally. I go through the same dilemma myself every single weekend.

I admire parents who bring their kids everywhere they went. I personally know of families like that, and I could see that the family knits together very closely. They go through every experience together, and while it may be more tiring on the parents, especially those with more than 2 kids, but spending time with the kids is an investment that will bear great rewards in many forms.

And so, as far as possible, I try to include kids into my weekend schedule. Though it may not be as fun for them as for me and hubby, but hey, once in a while is fine, I think! Not every weekend must be spent at the playground right??! =P

And so last weekend, we brought the girls with us on a photography trip. Well, not a full-fledged one that hubby and I always do, but a mini subset of that. The weather was so super HOT I think the kids held up pretty well. Joey only complained about the weather 10 times. Not bad already.

The best thing about bringing the kids out is that they get to run and jump around. You know my kids are the hyperactive kind, so this is really their kind of thing.

IMG_3528

And so, the kids walked and walked and the adults snapped and snapped. Well, it may not exactly be very fun and interesting for the kids, but I love it that we have them with us still. =)

IMG_3510

Haha such a funny expression yeah??

IMG_3509

Well, at least we had our favourite friends and the kids’ favourite people along for the trip. So I guess the kids did have fun after all – They had people to entertain their nonsensical questions and lame jokes.

IMG_3511

I think Papa Isaiah looks very charming holding his Nikon! =D

IMG_3512

Yep, you’ve guessed it correct. We went to my fav place to shoot. =D Haji Lane rocks!

IMG_3514

And yep, the good-looking couple who was with us that day.. =D

IMG_3519

Oh well, maybe not the guy……

IMG_3521

Bad influence this Uncle is - Made my daughter come out with such an unglam expression.

IMG_3523

Ended the trip with ice-cream at Haji Lane. Of course, some rewards should always be given to the awesome kids at the end. =D