Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Mummy’s Survival Guide: Living With MESS

To begin with, I am NOT a tidy person. If you ask my husband (or mother-in-law), you would know that I am a super duper messy and untidy person by nature. I know it’s unbelievable looking at my pretty demeanour. But it’s true. I can totally live with mess and still be happy.

But the funny thing is, when my kids come along, I totally cannot stand the mess they create. The moment they bring their toys out, and everything gets thrown everywhere on the floor, I get a headache. I would start my nagging on them to ‘not create so much mess’, ‘don’t throw your toys all over the place’ and ‘keep one box of toys before you open another!!’. But you know, kids are kids. If they play ‘neatly’, it’s probably weird. When it gets too quiet, it’s time you check on them.

And so, after being a mum for a while, I’ve come to realise that if I want to survive, I have to learn how to live with mess. Either I master that art, or I would go into fits every few hours. I console myself that at least the mess helps to entertain them, and give me some moments of sanity. And by and by, I started to see the beauty in it all.

The key is to find the GOOD in the mess:

* * * * *

How COLOURFUL!!!! =D

IMG_3537

Don’t you love how everything seems to be out of place, but yet follows an uncanny ORDER???

IMG_3531

And my LOVELY kids who know how to improvise and use the carton boxes for storing the toys as a shelter on a make-believe rainy day??

IMG_3532

And then when my rough kids tore up the carton box, and I have no more carton boxes to store the toys, and YEAH! I GET TO SPEND MONEY ON NEW BOXES FOR THE TOYS!! Seriously, HURRAY!

IMG_3535

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out…