Thursday, October 06, 2011

Bangkok Travel Part 2: The Night Markets

The most enticing part about Bangkok has got to be its night scenes. If you are game, you can watch quite a lot of ‘interesting shows’, mostly featuring pole dancers, tight hot pants and sexily-dressed people. I dare not commit to the gender because many of them are actually transvestites. =P

But I personally had no interest in those kinds of shows, but I absolutely love to bask in the night markets of Bangkok, for its many variety of food, roadside stalls and random gadgets. The weather’s cooling, with party music playing at many of the pubs and lots of tourists chilling around drinking beer, etc. The best part is that the night markets in Bangkok (especially on weekday nights) are not crowded, which makes for a very good and relaxing shopping experience.

My favourite night market of all time in Bangkok is Khao San Market. It’s where most backpacker tourists gather, because of the abundance of budget motels in this vicinity.

IMG_3945

IMG_3886

IMG_3889

Along the streets, you’ll find lots of such vendors… Not unhygienic at all from the way I saw it, and they produce extremely yummy food!!!

IMG_3891

This vendor sold fried popiah and phad thai… Hubby and I think that Khao San has the best phad thai in Bangkok! =D

IMG_3892

Look! Even roadside stalls pay a lot of attention to the sauces they use. There were super alot of different sauces!

IMG_3894

Phad Thai yeah!! This huge plate for less than $2!

IMG_3896

The next most common food sold in Khao San would be the kebab…

IMG_3897

Love walking through the streets and watching everything in this place. =)

IMG_3900

IMG_3902

IMG_3911

In the middle of the whole market was this huge area for massages, and we had to go for it! 30 minutes of foot massage for only S$4! It was awesome after a long day of walking!!!

IMG_3918

IMG_3920

These lovely Thai ladies even threw in a short shoulder massage at the end! Bonus! Haha..

IMG_3914

IMG_3923

IMG_3931

IMG_3935

Before we left for the night, we saw this street performer.. A peculiar performance, I must say. =P

IMG_3949

A visit to Khao San Night Market is a must when you visit Bangkok! =D