When I only had one kid, I felt that taking care of one kid was the most difficult & tiring task on earth. But after I had a second kid, taking care of one kid felt like chicken feet.
It’s kind of like the rubber band stretching thing – Once a rubber band has been stretched, it can no longer return to its pre-stretch state. My capacity as a mother has increased to that of two kids. Kudos to parents of 3, 4, 5… 10 kids. Their capacity is amazing!
Once in a while, I’d bring the kids out for one-to-one time, and those times are relaxing precious. There is definitely more quality in the time spent together, and because the duo’s power is halved, we generally get a lot more peace and quiet, hallelujah. Best of all, it feels EASY. I don’t have to try focusing on two kids at the same time, attend to their needs, watch out for two kiddos and attempt to feed two at the same time. One kid = Piece of cake.
On Saturday, we brought Baby Jayne out for a birthday dinner with some friends. Joey went out shopping with her grandmother, so we had personal time with Jayne alone. We were early at Raffles Place, and Baby Jayne spent a good half an hour running on the grass patches. Raffles Place is really nice and calm on weekends. I love the quietness in that place.
It’s therapeutic to watch my girl play. In moments like these, I feel especially thankful that God has placed my kids in my life. =)
See the Coffee Club glasshouse in the background? That was the dinner venue for that night. =)
It was a really nice place to dine in, especially on a weekend. Raffles Place is typically deserted on weekends, so a restaurant there is really quiet and nice for dinner.
The food was nice, though portion was little. Even after having a main course, drink and dessert, we still went to have more food & drinks at Lau Pa Sat after that. =P Hubby ordered steak and it came with bacon & asparagus.
My order was chicken with roasted potatoes. Comfort food. =)
Refreshing Sunrise Cooler – orange juice with italian mojito soda. Nice! =D
Great time spent with pals on a Saturday evening! =)