Before I had a second kid, friends would tell me that one of the biggest change in my life would be that I will be buying not one, but two of the same things every time I go shopping. I didn’t really believe that, because I didn’t have twins. Why must I buy two of the same things?
Now, I’m beginning to realise the wisdom behind those words of my dear friends.
Apparently, in the world of little children, there is no such thing as ‘Mummy will buy for Jie Jie today and Mei Mei will gets hers only tomorrow’. If I buy Joey a bag, I buy Jayne a bag. If I buy Jayne a pair of shoes, I buy Joey a pair of shoes. This is the mandate I live by now. Trust me, it makes life easier. Like.a.lot.easier. Yes, and you won’t have one of them lying on the floor, with fists pounding, legs kicking and screaming all at the same time. Not a very pretty sight.
This is the latest purchase. Just the strollers, not the babies by the way. The baby on the right belonged to Jayne, and because she had one, but Joey didn’t, Joey had been bugging us to get one for her as well. And so we did. When I saw the strollers and bought it subsequently, I was obviously smarter and bought two. Totally scored points with my girls! Ding ding ding!
The central idea to this law of 'Always buy two’ is that you should buy two exactly the same, if not, very identical items for your two kids (Note: If you have 3 kids, you would have to buy 3, 4 will be 4 and so on so forth). You’ll be surprised, but even if you bought the same type of items but in different designs, you will still have the kids fighting over who should get which one. Trust me, I’ve had tons of such experiences. So, the safest bet is to get two exactly the same thing. I know that’s pretty lame, but no choice. Purely for survival.
If there’s anything being a mother of two has taught me, it would be that no matter how adorable the kids are, when it comes to fighting over toys, they can be as fierce as tigers. Yes, even one as cute as this >>>