Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Multi-Generational Blessing

I think my girls are really blessed. Not only do they have doting parents and grandparents, they also have a great-grandmother who is still healthy and strong. The best thing is that she loves Jesus and is a devoted Christian. I, for one, believe in multi-generational blessing. We are blessed to be able to grow up and raise our kids in such a wonderful environment.

My heart warmed when I saw these photos of Joey with her great grandmother when she celebrated her 87th birthday recently. And actually, don’t you think they resemble each other with their lovely smiles and small eyes? =) Isaiah’s grandmother is such a wonderful and adorable woman. I’ve known her since I started joining their family Chinese New Year gatherings some 18 years ago (shortly after we started courting!). Everyone in the family loves her so much!

IMG_0250IMG_0251

And I’m glad that my mother-in-law lives with us and has been such a great help with our kids. I still remember the one year I had to bring Baby Jayne to my office nursery everyday. Apart from the physical tiredness of having to bring the baby with me every morning and night, she fell sick every week! It was such a trying period for me, having to take child-sick MC frequently and still cope with my work. Thank God for my mother-in-law who then agreed to take care of my kids full-time so that they can rest better at home. Since the day Baby Jayne started staying at home, I could count on one hand how many times she’s fallen sick in the last one & a half years! We are so blessed to be able to have elderly at home who can help us in times of need. Without them, I’ll be so helpless.

IMG_0679IMG_0712

It used to be that I would feel very insecure that my kids are so close to my mother-in-law, especially when they spend so much with her everyday while I am at work. But after a while, I have to admit that there is no one else I prefer to be the one to babysit my kids while I am working. I know that they are in good hands, and because of that, I can put my heart at ease and work hard at my job. So very important. So, during the weekends, I spend all my time with my kids as much as I can to catch up on the bonding and quality time! =D

I thank God everyday for the angels He has sent into my life to make it a little better. =)