Bedtime moments can both be blissful & frustrating.
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry, but between Papa Isaiah and me, I am the one who can put the kids to bed successfully, so I always do it. If I had to work late or went out with my friends, the kids might wait till I am home before they would sleep. That can be quite a disaster, especially when I was super zonked out myself that night. Since Baby Jayne was born though, the duty to put Joey to sleep had fallen onto my mum-in-law’s shoulders, since Joey sleeps in her room. So, nowadays I only need to put one baby to sleep.
Bedtimes are best for mummy-daughter bonding. We do lots of kisses and hugs, and laugh over silly things. We would chat and talk about this and that, and basically just enjoy time with each other. This time is of course precious and very enjoyable, but cannot be overly long. After all, my me-time only starts once she sleeps. Plus, getting the baby overly excited just before bedtime is never a good idea.
Last night just before Baby Jayne drifted off to dreamland, I took out my camera and snapped shots of her cheekiness. I have such an adorable baby. =)
Compared to Joey, Baby Jayne was a relatively easy baby at bedtime. Of course, there are still times when she would take more than an hour to fall asleep. But on most days, she would sleep within 15 mins. And that’s such a great blessing that I don’t take for granted. I’ve got friends who tell me their babies take two hours to fall asleep EVERY NIGHT. I would have gone crazy, thank goodness.
My girl has got such a funny smile and expression that makes me wanna smile too. =D
I am really quite a blessed mummy because Baby Jayne sleeps through the night without making a noise on most nights. That gives me my 8 hours of undisturbed sleep, which I need so very much. I am one who would become grumpy when I don’t sleep enough, or when I get awoken unwillingly in the middle of the night. I say it’s God’s grace that my kids treat me very well in this area!
Sweet dreams, baby! Mummy loves you very much! =)