Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Project Not-Just-About-Me: Part 2

Continuing from yesterday’s post, the kids were having fun in the Images of Singapore. While the tour guides took us through the exhibition and explained to us how Singaporeans lived in the 50’s, the kids also had a chance to try out for themselves, how the coolies worked!

IMG_5762

And of course, the rickshaws. =) Familiar to many of us adults, but I wonder how many of these children actually know what it was?!

IMG_5764IMG_5765

Look at these girls listening so intently with their mouths open! =P

DSC_0079

The final portion of the exhibition brought us to modern Singapore, where there are high-rise buildings, modern transportation, famous attractions in Singapore etc.

DSC_0080

DSC_0084

What a lovely backdrop for a group photo! =D

DSC_0089

After the Images of Singapore, the group proceeded to Imbiah Lookout for the Pirates 4D Magix show and the 3D Extreme Log Ride attractions, and also to have lunch. While waiting for the shows to start, the kids settled down for lunch. Yummy Mc’Donalds Happy Meals! Thank you Mc'Donalds once again! It’s yummy food that would make every kid happy! =)

DSC_0108

So very happy to see my own kid serving other kids! I’m one proud Mummy! =D

DSC_0099

I’m mighty proud of these kids, who despite coming from difficult family backgrounds, are still very positive about life. well-behaved and generally, happy! I am inspired just looking at them enjoying their lunch. I need to appreciate my life more, and stop complaining!!! =P

DSC_0098

This boy is so cute. He’s always alert whenever the camera is pointing at him. I think he’ll grow up to be a very sharp & attentive guy!

DSC_0104

After lunch, the kids went in for the shows and the little ones stayed outside and I entertained them with popsicles! Heeee… Just look at their happy faces! They deserve a reward for ‘serving’ together with us the whole morning! Hee..

DSC_0118

DSC_0130

The kids had so much fun watching the two shows! The 4D Extreme Log Ride was the more exciting one because they sat in simulators which moved, vibrated and shook rather violently. The most fun part was how the moment the ‘ride’ started, everyone started screaming at the top of their voices as if we were all on a roller coaster ride! Haha, too funny! The 3D specs made the entire experience VERY REAL! I really liked this ride myself because it gave me a chance to take a ‘roller-coaster’ ride without actually being on one. =P I am scaredy cat like that.

The Pirates 4D Magix Show was the ‘fun’ one because not only would you be stunned by the extremely good 3D effects, you will also be sprinkled with water and shot with white smoke to excite your senses! I’ll not go into too much details so that you can go & take the ride yourself, but all I wanna say is it’s one funny and very entertaining show. =P The kids told me they really enjoyed it!

image003image004

Finally, before we left Sentosa, we gave out gifts to the children. There was a goody bag of candies & chocolates, an Angry Bird stationery set and a water bottle (kindly sponsored by one of our members, Jacob!) given to every kid! Hope they’ll have a blessed Christmas and that they’ve had an enjoyable time at Sentosa!

DSC_0140

One again, big thanks to all the sponsors as well as the volunteers, members and kids who helped out for the event! It was a great beginning of more to come! =D

PROJECT NOT-JUST-ABOUT-ME! x)