Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weekend Snapshot: The Canteen

One of the days I was on leave a few weeks ago, I went to have breakfast at The Canteen, located next to Shaw Towers (Lido). I’ve heard many people rave about the cheap & good food they offer, and I wanted to try it. =)

It was a clean & sleek-looking eatery. Not a very big place, but as it wasn’t crowded when I was there, I had a nice quiet breakfast time. Love it.

IMG_5354

IMG_5357

So happy to know that they serve breakfast! $6++ for eastern breakfast & $7++ for western ones. It was tough to choose! In the end, I opted for western. =)

IMG_5353

IMG_5356

Always loved cutlery served in tins. Haha.. Gives it a rustic feel, doesn’t it?

IMG_5362

I ordered a tall black, and it was aromatic & thick. Just what I needed on a morning!

IMG_5366

And check out my gorgeous breakfast: Bacon with sunny side up!

IMG_5367

Yummy!!!!!! =D

Outside of breakfast time, The Canteen serves the usual pasta, western food, soups, sandwiches etc. =) Prices are really reasonable as well. Worth checking out!

IMG_5360