Monday, February 20, 2012

Mr & Mrs Kuan’s 19th Valentine’s Day

The phrase ‘Opposites Attract’ is so true. Between Mr Kuan and me, we cannot be more different.

Contrary to most beliefs, I am the shy one while Mr Kuan makes friends as easily as a snap of a finger. I take a lot of time to warm up to unfamiliar people, and most people would think that I am a proud person while my hubby is the warm & friendly one. I am messy and disorganised, while Mr Kuan is the one who is good with planning finances, filing our official letters & documents and keeping things tidy and neat at home. Mr Kuan is a genius at Maths and anything to do with numbers, but (almost) hopeless in languages, while I excel in both English & Mandarin, and take a whole minute to mentally calculate 8 X 5. Mr Kuan can play almost every sport and ball game, and is good at most of them, while I am a complete sports-idiot. Mr Kuan lives for Liverpool while I’m still struggling not to fall asleep watching every game. Mr Kuan is a night person, and I am a morning person. We are as different as North & South poles, but I cannot find another person who fits me as well as Mr Kuan. That’s the interesting thing about love. =)

Thankfully, amidst all our differences, we have found something that we both love in common. And that is PHOTOGRAPHY (Apart from God and our babies of course! Haha!). And therefore, when we were thinking of what to do to celebrate our Valentine’s Day this year, we decided to go for a field trip to take photographs! Not the most romantic of choices, but it was something that made the both of us happy!

So, we chose a day and set off for Pulau Ubin, where we went shutter crazy, and of course, spent a lot of quality time together. Pulau Ubin was virtually deserted on a weekday. =)

Waited quite a while for the bumboat to Ubin because there is no fixed schedule for the boats. The boat owners would wait (indefinitely) for 12 passengers before they would set off.

IMG_7993

IMG_7994

IMG_7995

IMG_7998

IMG_8001

IMG_8002

IMG_8006

Reached Pulau Ubin and was greeted with lots of bicycles, sun and the sea.

IMG_8009IMG_8010IMG_8012

IMG_8016

Love the rustic feel of Pulau Ubin. Like what Mr Kuan said, this is the only place in Singapore with such a view. Wooden houses brought me a lot of memories of my dad’s hometown in Seremban. =)

IMG_8017IMG_8021

IMG_8025IMG_8030

IMG_8034IMG_8077IMG_8037IMG_8063

IMG_8066

IMG_8067

IMG_8073

We cycled to the quarry. They used to close off the quarry from public, but after fences were built, you can now go on foot to the quarry (park your bikes at designated stands), and see the gorgeous view from up high. The quarry was such a serene and peaceful place.

IMG_8075

IMG_8094IMG_8097

Stitched 3 photos together to show you the full view of the quarry. =)

Ubin

Ended our ‘date’ on Pulau Ubin with icy cold coconut juice. Very lovely. =)

IMG_8107

That was how we spent our 19th Valentine’s Day together. =D